Friday, October 15, 2004

All's well that ends well

ain't it the truth?Well later that day after being so engrossed in what I was doing online I failed to notice the smoke, suddenly it was so thick that you couldn't see a quarter mile! It is from a fire down hiway 50 over Echo summit in Kyburz about 30 miles away as the crow flies. As a resident of Lake Tahoe I am extremely aware of the danger here in the forest surrounding our beautiful lake. There hasn't been a major blaze here for many many years, and old timers say we are overdue for a big one. The forest service is doing a fair job of thinning but thanks to King George budgets have been gouged. I guess all we can do is have faith in the creator of this splendor I suppose.
Well I am climbing down off the soap box for the evening...PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment