Thursday, July 20, 2006

THE LAKE SCENE(SO FAR)

Well so far we have had several knockout shows here at the Lake, with a 4th of July weekend filled with three nights of Widespread Panic, at the new Montbleu (Caesars) I stood at the foot of the stage and could feel Dave Schools bass thump my organs around (sorry for the rough camera work,crappy older model)...

(thank Jah for earplugs,for I&I don't think could have taken it like in my younger incarnation), and a night of moonlight with the mosquito's at shows at River Ranch in Tahoe City right on the Truckee river for Yellowman(so so show), hopefully Melvin Seals and JGB will tear it up like Cat's Under Stars on August 10... And also a killer opening at Truckee Amphitheater last Saturday the 15th with Tre Hardison of Pharcyde opening for the Ital(S)only one Ital made the show but it was a mellow start with a few more coming up (have to miss Galactic on 8/19 as I will be getting married). Friday I got comped tickets to see John Mellencamp who rocked the house with most all his hits(I would have loved to hear Scarecrow,but he didn't include it in his set) and I was impressed and admit I wouldn't have bought tickets, but I haven't had to do that in a long time since working for Renegade has it's perks...

No comments:

Post a Comment